Saturday, December 5, 2009

Steven


 Anybody who knows Steven will tell you that besides being very smart he is hilariously funny.  He has a sarcastic sense of humor that is beyond his years.  Many times he relates better to adults than to kids his own age.  Steven is also a collector.  He collects anything and everything.  He started this habit very young.  When he was in 2nd grade we discovered a vast collection of rocks under his bed.  He was apparently gathering rocks throughout the neighborhood as he walked to and from school with Michael.  A few days after we discovered the rocks we also found out that he was selling the rocks to his classmates.  He would "take orders" and once he was paid he would take the rocks to school.  I was mad, embarrassed, and impressed at the same time.  We made him return the money and had him close the business.  Since then he has collected a variety of things ranging from living to non-living.  Walking into his room is always an adventure.  Tonight he proudly shared his newest collection...coins.

I love my Steven.  He is outspoken, stubborn, smart, funny, and kind.  He stands up for what he believes in and will argue his side to no end.  I know he is destined to do great things in life.  I am so glad and thankful I have the joy of being his mom and therefore have a front row seat to all his successes.



 


2 comments:

  1. lol!! i didnt know that story about steven selling rocks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! He told me to clarify that he sold landscaping rocks and wasn't "selling rock". He says he doesn't want to get in trouble with "the law" because of my blogging..lol.

    ReplyDelete