Tuesday, October 18, 2011

When you dream, I dream too....

I read Someday by Alison McGhee to Joshua the other day and had to do my best to not cry.  It is such a sweet book about a mother's hopes and dreams for her child.  One of my favorite lines is "Sometimes, when you sleep, I watch you dream, and I dream too."  Awww...so sweet and so true!  As I sat through 5 soccer games this weekend I watched how much my boys love the game and I loved it too.  They play with such heart and commitment and it makes me one proud mama.  At Joshua's game on Saturday he scored his very first goal...ever.  It was a beautiful moment......to hear us retell it, he overcame a field of defenders and many obstacles to reach the goal line and shoot.  It was something like that :)  What I will always remember is the look on his face when he realized he scored.  That look made me cry.  He has talked nonstop about the goal and how everyone cheered for him.  It was a moment I will never forget.  I'm sure, like his brothers, he will have many more goals, but this one and that look is forever ingrained in my heart.


There he goes.....

The sweetest referee!

So proud of my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment